Breast Augmentation is an elective, cosmetic surgical procedure performed in order to increase breast size through the use of saline or silicone breast implants. This procedure is available at Best Impression Cosmetic Surgery. It can be performed in 1 to 2 hours, and is typically performed in our accredited outpatient surgical facility. Recovery times are relatively short, depending on the individual patient. Generally, patients can return to non-physical occupations in 3 days and light physical occupation in 7 days. Dr. Mirabile, Dr. Hsu, and Dr. Taglienti are considered regional experts in breast surgery. They perform over 200 breast augmentations each year. Dr. Mirabile was a principal investigator for the Mentor Corporation for over ten years, and his research contributed to the return of the use of silicone implants for breast augmentation in the United States. Dr. Mirabile, Dr. Hsu, and Dr. Taglienti will evaluate each patient individually and make recommendations regarding implant type and size, incision site, and possible additional procedures such as breast lift surgery to optimize the postoperative appearance of your breasts. During each consultation, patients undergo VECTRA 3D Imaging and sizing so that they will have a clear idea of how they will look after surgery. Dr. Mirabile, Dr. Hsu, and Dr. Taglienti have thousands of pre and post-operative photographs available for review, and patients are encouraged to talk to previous patients of Dr. Mirabile, Dr. Hsu, and Dr. Taglienti preoperatively.
Breast augmentation surgery can be a good option for those who:
- Desire larger, fuller breasts
- Have uneven, asymmetrical or misshapen breasts
- Wish to restore breast size and condition to pre-childbirth appearance
In order to create the best possible results for your breast augmentation surgery, it is important that your surgeon consults with you to discuss your desires and expectations. You will also discuss how breast augmentation surgery will impact you and your lifestyle. You should also consider the following before your consultation:
- General medical history, including any genetic propensity for breast cancer, results of previous mammograms and any previous surgeries
- A detailed account of current prescription medications, supplements (vitamins or others)
- What are your expectations?
At the consultation, your plastic surgeon will also:
- Evaluate your current health
- Examine the condition of your preoperative breasts for size, shape and irregularities and photograph your breasts
- Based on the information gathered, your plastic surgeon will discuss your surgical options and recommend a surgical approach and plan.
- We will discuss placement of incisions, implant type and shape, and final implant position (sub muscular versus above the muscle) Discuss the risk of common complications associated with breast augmentation surgery and the use of general anesthesia
- Discuss what to do the day of surgery
- Discuss postoperative care and recovery
Preparing for surgery:
In the weeks before surgery, your surgeon may request:
- Further laboratory testing or medical evaluations
- Adjusting current prescriptions
- Obtaining a mammogram before surgery to document any changes in breast tissues
Recovery – what to expect:
Breast augmentation procedures are performed on an outpatient basis. The patient goes home about 1.5-2 hours after surgery is complete. In general, patients can return to non-physical occupations 3 days after surgery, and light physical occupations in 7 days. During the first few days after surgery, patients experience swelling and mild discomfort for which pain medication is prescribed. Full recovery is expected within 3-6 weeks with final results apparent at 2-3 months.
Having breast augmentation surgery is a big decision and it is important to become fully informed. Dr. Mirabile, Dr. Hsu, and Dr. Taglienti, breast implant specialists, will answer any questions you may have about breast augmentation surgery. Results may vary.
Contact Dr. Mirabile and Dr. Hsu or call 610-272-8821 today and set up a consultation today! During your appointment, you can learn about the many breast and body contouring procedures Dr. Mirabile, Dr. Hsu, and Dr. Taglienti offer, including breast lift, breast revision, tummy tuck and liposuction in Montgomery County, Bucks County, Chester County, and Delaware County.
FDA Approved Three projection options: Moderate, Moderate Plus, High Profile. Two shell surfaces available: Smooth and Textured (SILTEX® Texture) Covered by the Mentor Premier Advantage Limited Warranty and lifetime replacement policy.