Mastopexy, or the procedure best known as the “breast lift,” changes the breast position and firmness by removing excess skin. Tightening the breast skin and repositioning the breast tissue gives breasts a lifted and more youthful appearance. The procedure is typically performed to reverse the effects of pregnancy, breastfeeding, and weight changes, all of which can leave breasts lacking in volume, shape, and symmetry. Montgomery County / Chester County plastic surgeons Dr. Mirabile and Dr. Hsu perform Breast Lift procedures and, when necessary, combine this surgery with breast augmentation to reshape the breasts in an aesthetically pleasing way.
The breast lift may be a good option for you if you:
- Desire “more perky” breasts
- Are bothered by the lack of fullness and loss of shape of your breasts
- Perceive your nipples are pointing downward
- Have uneven or asymmetric breasts
What to expect during your consultation:
In order to create the best possible results from your breast lift surgery, it is important for your surgeon to consult with you to discuss your desires and expectations. A number of factors will be considered during your consultation.
We will discuss:
- General medical history, including any genetic propensity for breast cancer, results of previous mammograms and any previous surgeries
- A detailed account of current prescription medications, supplements (vitamins or others)
- Any use of tobacco or other drugs
- What are your expectations?
At the consultation, your surgeon will also:
- Evaluate your current health
- Examine your breasts for size, shape, and irregularities, including the extent of sagging and photograph your breasts
- Discuss your surgical options and recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss the risk of common complications associated with breast lift surgery and the use of general anesthesia
- Review what to do the day of surgery
- Review postoperative care and recovery
Breast lift surgery is a comprehensive procedure that can improve your silhouette,, results may vary. To learn more about mastopexy, or other plastic surgery procedures such as breast augmentation, breast reduction, or liposuction in Philadelphia, call Dr. Mirabile and Dr. Hsu’s office at 610-272-8821 to schedule a consultation.